Monday 21 March 2016

Sugar and the baby

Don't give sugar to your baby.


That would be my original post, no further discussion, but I guess I need to support my bold opinion. 

Why would you? I mean, sugar.
Babies and children get enough sugar with products they eat, especially fruit, veggies or starches. Sugar is necessary for body functioning, though it's fully enough of the natural one. It's a big issue especially during big gatherings like Christmas or coming Easter when bunnies and Easter eggs are everywhere and grandparents, relatives show up holding Kinder Surprise eggs or other goodies. How to deal with that?
Well, I am not shy about this - straight forward - my baby does not eat sugar, thank you for your gifts, it will be well taken care of by me :)
By the way, I truly apologize to my friend when I showed up with massive chocolates for her 2 year old, I didn't have my baby then.
Sugar is evil, unhealthy in all the ways. So be wise and brave. Too much sugar rotens teeth, causes tummy aches, rises energy levels, can cause diabetes, messes hormones and ruins taste receptors, especially for little ones. The biggest worry of mine are roten teeth! Imagine your own tooth pain, so explain that to a small child, plus they normally need narcosis in order to fix their teeth. Just type in google images chidren teeth decay, you will see, 'yummy' images. I think they should put those images on every chocolate bar or baby food thats contains sugar:) like disturbing images on cigarette packs.
I always read all the ingriedients on the packages of baby food, especially snacks. So if it says unrefined sugar, still it doesn't mean it is healthy as usually it is processed. Therefore, unrefined, not processed sugar is the best and that comes from natural products!

Sugar is addictive, so later you give it to your baby, healthier he will be. Anyway, there will be someone else who will give his first chocolate to your baby and it will be 'because he really wanted it' :)

Yours,

niom niom by Mama  xxx

Follow me on Instagram: niom_niom_by_Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment